PRIVACY & COOKIE STATEMENT
Last updated: February 2017
This website (hereinafter identified as the “Site”) is owned and operated by Cathay Hospitality Management, Inc (“CHM”, “us”, “we”, or “our”). At CHM we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information. This policy (the “Policy”) explains how we may collect information about you and then use it in order to satisfy your booking or purchase requirements. It also outlines the security measures we take in order to protect your privacy and gives certain assurance on things that we will not do. If you use this site you explicitly agree to the terms and conditions of the Policy in effect at the time of your use. In addition, please review the Terms & Conditions , which governs your use of CHM websites, including www.madisontaipei.com. We hope that this disclosure will help increase your confidence in our website and enhance your experience on the Internet.
The Types of Information We Collect and How We Collect It:
When you place an order or book a hotel and/or table, we may collect information about you and/or members of your family, such as:
- Contact details (e.g., last name, first name, telephone number, e-mail);
- Personal information (e.g., date of birth, nationality);
- Information relating to your children (e.g., first name, date of birth, age);
- Your credit card information (for transaction and reservation purposes);
- Your membership number for the Amazzing loyalty program or another partner program (e.g., the airline loyalty program);
- Your arrival and departure dates;
- Your preferences and interests (e.g., smoking or non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bedding, type of newspapers/magazines, sports, cultural interests);
- Your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our establishments;
How We Use Your Information:
CHM prohibits the sale or transfer of personal information to entities outside of CHM for their use without your approval. We will use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
- to advise you of any changes, problems or confirmation with your hotel and/or restaurant booking;
- to help us to administer accounts, services and products which we offer;
- to help detect fraud or loss;
- to advise you if you have won any competition or prize giveaway;
- to provide you with travel-related information, information relating to CHM or promotional details about products and services that may be of interest to you, as well as personalized mailings (electronic or otherwise) or other communications that you consent to receive;
- to respond to requests which you have submitted via our Site and to deal with on-going matters relating to such requests; and present content from our Site in the way that we consider most effective. Should you wish to have you information updated or corrected please contact email@example.com;
- to facilitate hiring process for individuals who choose to apply to us for employment. Such information includes without limitation, any information provided in a resume, information on education and employment history, information obtained through background checks, desired salary scale, working permits, and any other information relevant to the application;
- to occasionally contact you via e-mail and provide information about special offers and promotions that may be of interest to you when you sign up to our newsletter program. It is our intention to only send you e-mail communications that will be useful to you and that you want to receive. These communications will relate to CHM offers and/or the promotions of select, reputable third parties with whom CHM has a strategic marketing relationship because they offer products or services that we believe would be of interest to you. We use a third party e-mail service provider to send e-mails. This service provider is prohibited from using your e-mail address for any purpose other than to send CHM related e-mail. Every time you receive e-mail you will be provided the choice to opt-out of future e-mails by following the instructions provided in the e-mail, or you may opt out by updating your online profile.
Security of Personal Information:
When you book on our Site, you will be directing to our vendor partner’s web page that uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) security technology to encrypt information you provide to us through the site, but any information you provide us by e-mail is unencrypted. SSL is an industry-standard protocol for encryption over the Internet. Data transmission over the Internet is never 100% secure. While we take steps to protect your personal information and keep it secure, you also play a role in protecting your information. You can help to maintain the security of your online transactions by not sharing your booking number or password with anyone. CHM cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or from our Site, and therefore you use our Site at your own risk.
For your own privacy protection, please do not send payment card numbers or any other confidential personal information to us via e-mail.
We will not contact you by mobile/text messaging or e-mail to ask for your confidential personal information or payment card details. We will only ask for payment card details by telephone when you are booking a reservation or promotional package. If you receive this type of request, you should not respond to it. We also ask that you please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites:
How We Share Your Information:
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, its subsidiaries or to third parties in the following events:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If CHM or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- We may share your personal information with our vendors and third party business and marketing partners, including companies who sponsor and offer sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions through CHM. And we will provide clear explanations and you can choose whether or not you accept the services or promotions specified.
- Your personal information collected on our Site will not be sold, exchanged or rented to any group and individual, or be used anywhere other then the places specified above.
Cookies and Similar Technologies:
The cookies we use are “analytical cookies” sent by Google Analytics. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to recognize and track which part of our site you visit when you are using our site. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example by making sure visitors are finding what they need easily.
Social Media Functions and Widgets:
The social network applications on CHM websites can in some cases allow the social networks concerned to identify you even if you did not click on the application button. This type of button can allow a social network to track your browsing on CHM websites, simply because your account in the social network concerned is enabled on your device (open session) while you are browsing.
We recommend that you read the policies of these social networks to familiarize yourself with how they use the browsing information they may collect, especially with regard to advertising. These policies must specifically allow you to make choices on these social networks, particularly by configuring your user accounts for each of them.
CHM may provide you the opportunity to post content publicly through interactive features. You may choose, through such features or otherwise, to submit or post reviews, comments, photographs, audio files, video files, and suggestions related to us or otherwise post free form comments (collectively, “User Content”). Please note that certain information, such as your name and country of residence, and a link to any website URL you provide may be publicly displayed by CHM along with your User Content. However CHM will not publish your e-mail address or other contact information with these comments.
The Site does not knowingly collect personal information from individual under 20 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
Your Privacy Choices:
If you do not want us to retain or use your personal information in any way, please do not provide the data to us or, if you have already provided personal information and wish to withdraw your consent or at any time you wish to update or access your personal information, you can do so by:
- via e-mail at email@example.com
- via fax at +886 2 7706 3601
- via letter – Attention: Privacy Department
331, Section 1, Dunhua South Road, Da’an District
CHM is a Taiwanese corporation incorporated under the laws of Taiwan, R.O.C.. As such, Taiwan Personal Information Protection Act applies to our company. We apply the requirements of this law (and any other applicable laws) to how we handle all personal information wherever received.
The Right to Amend the Privacy Protection Clauses:
To stay true to the intent of user privacy protection, the privacy protection clauses on our Site might be amended in line with the trend of technological development, regulatory amendment, or other changes over time. We will promptly post any amendment to the clauses on this Site.
Cathay Hospitality Management is the company behind MADISON TAIPEI. This Site is owned and operated by Cathay Hospitality Management.
For more information, visit our Contact page.